Here are few of my favorite quotes from the man himself to get you in the mood:
- “A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.”
- “Space is big. You just won’t believe how vastly, hugely, mind-bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it’s a long way down the road to the drug store, but that’s just peanuts to space.”
- “I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.”
- “We don’t have to save the world. The world is big enough to look after itself. What we have to be concerned about is whether or not the world we live in will be capable of sustaining us in it.”
- “Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.”
So grab a towel and spend some time thinking about things upside down or inside out.