I’m a huge fan of Marian Call’s distinct brand of quirky/awesome/nerdy/perfect music but missed this somehow. I’m making up for lost time by playing it on a loop while I pretend to work.
Stuff about me or my family.
After 9/11 there were a lot of empty-headed, “America, Fuck Yeah!” songs released. They gave people something to scream about on their ninth beer, but didn’t seem to capture anything real. This did. The confusion, the impotence and the raw emotion of it.
You can buy the album (which is amazingly good) from Amazon: Mark Aaron James, Just a Satellite.
My son has created an imaginary set of cards for a real game… of imaginary cards. It’s a little complicated, but he did an excellent job.
That’s nearly two hours of professional-quality video content! Leave him a comment or subscribe to his channel!
The Man of Steel gave us some timely advice 70 years ago. Although it’s unclear who colorized it, the image was released in 1949 as a book cover. Read more about it at Snopes.
You know the old saying: those that fail to learn from history are doomed to get a fucking lecture from Superman.
We lost about half the team before the end, but enough of us made it we’re counting this a solid, if groggy, victory! As we approached the end, some of the punch drunk – but still conscious! – team members decided to celebrate with song.
Thanks to my lovely bride who went above and beyond to help us pull this off and all of my team members. We didn’t meet our fundraising goal, but still raised $393 to help the Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals!
I’m not-live blogging our Extra-Life 2015 Marathon! Our team, The Vidiots, is 22 hours in and still playing! Well some of us are playing. We’ve lost more than a few. The survivors are still plugging along, but for how much longer is anybody’s guess.
- Somebody decided that Kirby and the Rainbow Curse was necessary. That was retired for Super Mario Sunshine after a few minutes.
- The current champion got further in Undertale than ever before… and then died horribly.
- We ended up on the PS3 for a while and sampled some of the smaller, quieter games like Rain and the amazing The Unfinished Swan. We also dusted off PixelJunk Monsters, a classic tower defense game.
- Despite being nearly comatose, we ended having a great pass-the-controller session with the amazingly high-speed twitch game Race the Sun on PS4. This is exactly the kind of game that you don’t want to play with compromised reflexes, but we had a blast.
Here are some pictures!
We’re almost to the finish line!
- More of The Binding of Isaac. They’re finding some really weird things in that basement.
- A little Grand Theft Auto V was played, quietly, off to the side.
- Phones saw some Puzzle and Dragons. Well my phone saw some. Damn that fifth challenge dungeon!
Here are some pictures!
More to come!